Microsoft has announced that starting today, Discord Voice is available on all Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One consoles. With this update, you can now chat with anyone on Discord via voice channels or group calls directly from your console, making it easy to connect with friends across mobile, Xbox, and PC.
It also means that you will be able to see who is in the call and speaking while you are playing on your console. You’ll also be able to adjust the sound and switch between Discord Voice and Xbox game chat while you play all your favorite games.
How To Setup Discord Voice On Xbox Consoles
- To get started, open the guide by pressing the Xbox button on your console, then go to Parties & chats and click Try Discord Voice on Xbox.
- You’ll see an option to scan a QR code. The QR code will take you to the Discord and Xbox apps to connect and set up a two-way link between your Discord account and Xbox. If you’ve previously linked your Discord account to your Xbox, you will have to re-link.
- Once your Discord account is linked to Xbox, you can hop in a channel you’d like to talk in using Discord just as you normally would.
- On the Discord mobile app, you’ll see a new option to Join on Xbox. At this point, you’ll need the Xbox app to transfer voice chat from your Discord account to your Xbox.
- If you have it installed, the Xbox app will launch and let you connect the Discord Voice chat to your Xbox Series X|S or Xbox One console.
More to follow…