Overwatch 2 most recently released the brand new Season 6 for players, which included the new PvE mode in Invasion.
In this new season, we’re going to runover all the patch notes for October 10th, 2023.
Overwatch 2 Season 7 Patch Notes – October 10th Full Update Notes
NEW MAP – SAMOA
Samoa is a new Control map where you’ll fight on a tropical beach, a gleaming city, and inside a volcano! Watch out for deadly pitfalls, or you might just be swimming in lava! Samoa will be available to play right away in a dedicated Arcade card and will appear in Quick Play and other unranked modes starting on October 10 with it appearing in Competitive Play later in the season.
HERO REWORK – SOMBRA
We approached the Sombra Rework by identifying key goals to guide decisions throughout the design iteration process: make Sombra more committal when engaging, increase the active feel in her ability kit, and uphold the current Hacker fantasy. With these goals, there were multiple angles to tackle around her existing kit. Naturally, many ideas were also meant to address frustrations playing against the character, ensuring there is proper counterplay for enemies.
- Damage increased from 7.5 to 8.
- Minimum Spread reduced from 0.5 to 0.
- Number of shots until max spread has been increased from 3 to 6 shots.
- Reload time reduced from 1.4 seconds to 1.2 seconds.
- Cast time reduced from 0.75 seconds to 0.65 seconds.
- Now cancels Stealth when hacking an enemy hero.
- Cooldown increased from 4 to 6 seconds.
- Hack has a reduced cooldown of 3 seconds if Hack is interrupted or if a non-hero enemy is hacked.
- The “Hacked” warning text will now only appear while you are silenced and not for the remainder duration of the hack debuff.
- Ability reworked to be a passive. Sombra automatically becomes invisible after 3.5 seconds while not shooting, using a damaging ability, or receiving damage.
- Stealth movement speed bonus reduced from 60% to 45%.
- Fade Out duration into Stealth reduced from 0.375 seconds to 0.25 seconds.
- Fade In duration from Stealth reduced from 0.5 seconds to 0.375 seconds.
- Updated the UI messaging to the Sombra player when hacking Health Packs to “Revealed” instead of “Detected”. Now the message “Detected” is only used when an enemy player is in the detection radius.
- This is a new ability assigned to Ability 1 by default.
- Fire a projectile that damages an enemy over time. Damage is dealt faster on Hacked enemies.
- Impact Damage: 10 (20 on hacked target).
- Damage over time: 100 over 4 seconds (100 over 2 seconds on hacked target).
- Can no longer can be manually activated. Translocator will now automatically teleport Sombra after 0.25 seconds from being thrown or when impacting the environment.
- Reduces the Stealth passive cooldown after teleporting.
- Projectile speed increased from 25 to 72.
- Cooldown reduced from 6 seconds to 5 seconds. Cooldown now begins after Sombra teleports to the location of the Transponder.
- Projectile launch initial vertical offset removed.
- Ultimate charge cost increased by 15%.
- Health percent damage decreased from 40% to 30%.
- Heroes who die within 5 seconds of each other will respawn together, resulting in some players having either a slightly longer or shorter queue than the standard 10 seconds.
- Heroes who die more than 5 seconds from another player eliminated will still respawn in 10 seconds on their own.
- These changes do not apply to Competitive Play mode.
UNRANKED LEAVER PENALTIES
- 75% XP penalty removed.
- The penalty thresholds have not changed, but the mechanics have also never been completely explained. The last 20 games played a player participated in are recorded. Leaving four of these 20 games activates the first penalty threshold. Leaving six of these 20 games activates the second penalty threshold.
- Queuing for most game modes is now suspended when a player leaves a match inside a penalty threshold.
- Players that reach the first penalty threshold will be suspended for 10 minutes.
- Players that reach the second penalty threshold will be suspended for 30 minutes.
- The queue suspension will reapply each time a player leaves a game when they are above the first penalty threshold but not when they complete their games.
- Consecutive Match XP bonus has been renamed to Endurance Bonus.
- Endurance Bonus is XP granted when finishing matches without leaving the previous match.
Developer Comments: Previously, if players left too many games, we would apply a 75% penalty to their Battle Pass XP that is gained. We found this had very little impact on those who leave deliberately and severely impacted those who don’t have much time to play but want to earn the rewards in our season Battle Pass. We’re changing this to make it more difficult for players who leave games to be disruptive while not applying too much impact to those who don’t intend on ruining the experience for others.
- You can now spectate any Story Mission that your friends are playing if you own the campaign pack for that mission.
Bonus score granted from time remaining in the gold bonus tier is now accurate to one-hundredth of a second. (Previously completed games in the Top 500 leaderboards are not adjusted.)
The user interface has been updated to display this new time accuracy everywhere that we display time and score.
- Hero Mastery now supports replays.
- Replays are saved for any completed course that results in a new scoring record.
- The user interface for Hero Mastery replays has been customized to display score, time, and other information.
- Lowered show priority for Time Played and Wins sub-badges in the Showcase.
- Added Virus Kills to Sombra’s sub-badge set.
- Reduced the number of wins required to unlock Sojourn, Junker Queen and Kiriko through Hero challenges.
- Illari is now unlockable through Hero challenges.
- Damage reduction decreased from 50% to 45%.
- Developer Comments: We are further readjusting Orisa’s survivability, which was originally increased due to the armor-damage reduction stacking change we made several patches ago. This particular change is relatively light as we still want her to be an effective pick against teams that lean on crowd control.
- Cooldown decreased from 8 to 7 seconds.
Developer Comments: This change lets Ramattra project his influence more frequently with Nemesis Form, which translates into increased survivability and damage. The flexibility also makes it less punishing if he swaps back to Omnic Form early to use the Void Barrier.
- Number of shots to reach max spread increased from 20 to 30.
Developer Comments: This change lets Wrecking Ball finish off enemies a bit more reliably when he’s outside of point-blank range and makes him less reliant on his Piledriver combos.
- Size decreased 15% now matching back to the size of Particle Barrier.
- Health decreased from 225 to 200 matching back to the health of Particle Barrier.
Developer Comments: Zarya is using the barrier on her allies more often to peel or initiate combination plays, which makes the ability more team-oriented and less self-serving. This change preserves that interesting choice by keeping the cooldown reduced when used on an ally while targeting her energy sustain instead, which has increased significantly with the bonuses to the barrier health and size.
- Damage reduction increased from 50% to 75%.
Developer Comments: Most damage mitigation from Combat Roll feels incidental, as the ability is used more for mobility or reloading. This adjustment allows Cassidy to be more intentional with his rolls to avoid large amounts of damage with correct timing.
- Damage per second increased from 70 to 100.
- Now immediately slows enemies by 40% instead of building up over time.
Developer Comment: We liked the one-two combo that Deep Chill provided, as it added an interesting layer for hero mastery. However, in practice, it increased the amount of crowd control suffered by enemy players while also reducing Mei’s effectiveness. Rather than further increasing the slow or increasing cumulative combo damage, both of which would lead to a more frustrating experience for the opposing player, we are reverting Mei back to her balance prior to adding the Deep Chill passive.
- Primary fire recovery increased from .48 to .51 seconds.
- Overhealth bonus decreased from 100 to 75.
Developer Comments: Torbjorn’s Rivet Gun can feel overwhelming with how quickly it shoots. This change reduces the firing cadence and makes it more manageable on the receiving end. Overload provides too much defensive value, so we are lowering the overhealth bonus.
- Damage increased from 70 to 80.
Developer Comment: This change increases her proficiency at protecting her allies by rewarding accuracy with her most aim-focused ability.
- Secondary fire healing per second decreased from 120 to 105.
Developer Comments: Illari’s burst healing output is still a little too high, so we are lowering the effectiveness of the Solar Rifle secondary fire to bring her more in line with other support heroes.