FPS stands for “frames per second” and generally speaking, the higher your in-game FPS, the smoother your game will run.
There are several factors that will limit or slow your FPS, but if you have a high FPS your game will be less choppy or laggy and ultimately, you’ll be able to react to in-game situations more quickly.
Whilst there are several things you can do to improve your FPS, do note, it’s still limited depending on your monitor or screen that you’re using. If you’re praying for 60fps or higher, but you have a monitor that can only reach 30FPS, then you’re out of luck.
Read on, for some quick tips to increase your FPS in League of Legends.
How To Boost FPS Performance In League of Legends
If your screen has got a relatively high FPS and you want to get the most out of it then below are several ways you can increase your FPS from within League of Legends client settings:
- Enable ‘Low Spec Mode’ in client settings (small cog in the top right of menu). Low Spec Mode is found in the ‘General’ tab.
- If you enable the ‘Low Spec Mode’ it will reduce visual fidelity in certain areas of the client but may significantly improve performance.
- Uncheck the ‘Enable HUD Animations’ from within the client settings. The ‘Enable HUD Animations’ tickbox is found under the ‘Interface’ tab.
- Under the ‘Game’ tab in settings, click the tickbox for ‘Prefer DX9 Legacy Mode’ if you have a particularly old pc.
You can also make the following changes from within the in-game options panel under the ‘Video’ tab:
- Set your resolution to your native resolution. So, don’t try and run 2k (2560×1440) if your screen is build for 1080p.
- Set your window mode to ‘Full Screen’.
- Uncheck ‘Enable Screen Shake’
- Turn on the ‘Hide eye candy’ setting
- Character Quality and Environment Quality can both be set to ‘Medium’
- Effects Quality can be set to low quality
- Turn off Shadow Quality
- Uncheck the ‘Character Inkling’ box
If you want a more visual step-by-step guide to show you around the settings, then check out the video below for more help.
That’s everything you need to know about increasing your FPS in League of Legends. If you’re looking for more guides and help check out some of the links just below.
League of Legends Free Champions Rotation This Week | How To Disable Chat In League of Legends | What Does FF Mean In League of Legends | How To Change To Japanese In League of Legends | How To Change Region In League of Legends | How To Get Blue Essence In League of Legends | League of Legends Eternals Explained | How To Get Orange Essence In League of Legends | How To Increase FPS Performance In League of Legends | How To Check If You’re Banned In League of Legends | How To Unblock Players In League of Legends