Sometimes you just want to turn off voice chat, mute other players and be left alone in peace to enjoy GTA Online.
Sure, voice chat can be helpful and especially so when you need to communicate with friends or other players during missions or tricky heists.
But then again, most of the time it’s just a pain, not least when you’ve got some irritating twirp griefing you and attempting to wind you up.
Plus, with the GTA Online Radio being so good, you might just prefer to listen to some tunes without it being interrupted by some angry 12-year-old shouting naughty words.
So keep reading and we’ll tell you how to turn off voice chat in GTA Online.
How To Turn off Voice Chat
If you want to turn off voice chat in GTA Online, follow these steps:
- First, load into an online session as you normally would.
- Once you’ve loaded in with your character, open the interactions menu.
- To open your interaction menu press M on PC, holding down the touch pad on PS4 and PS5, and holding the View button on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S.
- Scroll down on the interaction menu until you come to “voice chat”, which is just below the “highlight player” option.
- From here you can select who you want to chat with using Voice Chat. Your options are “Everyone”, “Crew”, “Friends”, “Crew + Friends”, and finally “no one”.
- Select “no one” if you don’t want to hear anyone in voice chat when you’r playing.
Do Voice Chat Settings Save For Each Session?
Yes. When you toggle your voice chat settings they will be saved and remain in place until they’re chaanged once again.
The next time you log into a new session to play GTA Online, your voice chat settings will be the same as when you last played. Meaningthat if you set your voice chat to “no one” the settings will carry over to your next session.
That’s everything you need to know about turning voice chat on and off in GTA Online. If you’re looking for more GTA guides then follow the links below for more helpful tips, tricks, and explainers.
GTA 5 Cheats | GTA Online Weekly Update | GTA Online Prize Ride This Week | GTA Online Podium Car This Week | GTA+ Rewards This Month | GTA 5 Account Transfer | GTA Online Summer Update | GTA Online Independence Day 2022 | GTA 3 Cheats | GTA Vice City Cheats | GTA San Andreas Cheats |