Ready to jump into Fortnite for Xbox One and start chatting with the squad? Good, because we have everything you need to know about configuring your in-game chat settings for your Xbox One headset, as well as what to do if other players are unable to hear you.
Recommended: STEALTH 600 & 700 GEN 2
The best-selling wireless headsets just got even better; the Stealth™ 600 & 700 Gen 2 feature massive upgrades to ensure that Turtle Beach gamers always have the definitive audio advantage.
If you’re not being heard in Fortnite in-game chat on Xbox One, but your headset’s mic is working well with other devices or in Xbox Party Chat, please do the following:
- In Fortnite, access the Main Menu. Then, go to Settings >> Speaker icon.
- Turn Voice Chat from ON to OFF.
- Turn Voice Chat Method from Open Mic to Push-To-Talk.
- Back out of the Settings Menu, to ensure those settings save. Then, open the Main Menu, and go back to Settings >> Speaker icon.
- Turn the Voice Chat from OFF back to ON.
- Turn the Voice Chat Method from Push-To-Talk back to Open Mic.
- Save those settings, and then exit the game completely.
- Once the game is closed completely, start the game up again and test out chat. Can other players hear you clearly?
If you’re still unable to be heard, or if you have any further questions or concerns regarding Fortnite in-game chat, please contact our Support Team for additional assistance!
Read More: Set Up Crossplay Chat For Xbox One Headsets
Information on how make sure your Xbox One is able (or is not able) to play multiplayer with players on other consoles and platforms.