The Barbarian has unparalleled strength and expertly wields an entire arsenal in battle, with a weapon for every occasion. He bellows intimidating war cries and unleashes ground-shaking slams to send approaching hordes reeling.
On this page we’re going to try and give you a quick overview of the class, but without going into too much detail since, we wouldn’t be surprised if Blizzard completely changes everything before launch. After all, they’ve only recently conducted an internal-only Diablo 4 beta and chances are a lot will change between now and launch.
For the time being though, read on for all the important details you need to know about the barb!
Blizard’s Take On The Barbarian
Here’s a little bit of what Blizzard had to say when talking to GameInformer about the Barbarian class in Diablo 4:
“Within this world of barbarians that you know and love, you can really start to tinker a little bit and somewhat paint the picture of a barbarian you really like – and it’s all based on the thematic of weapons,” explained lead animator Nick Chilano. “You’re bashing the hell out of demons in their face, that’s what you want to do. You want to leap in there, you want to slice and dice them, you want to cut them in half and keep going.”
Since so many of the Barbarian skills are still placeholder, we’re not going to go into the nitty-gritty details of each skill itself; such as the damage type, cooldowns and more.
If you do want to know more about each skill (although keep in mind, this is all subject to change), follow the links to a wiki where you can read more of the particulars and specifics at the time of writing.
Basic Skills –
- Bash • Flay • Frenzy • Lunging Strike
Fury Skills –
Defensive Skills –
Brawling Skills –
Weapon Mastery Skills –
Ultimate Skills –
Diablo 4 Barbarian Talents
Below is a list of viable Talents for the Barbarian in Diablo 4
- Battle Frenzy: Using a Brawling skill grants Berserk for a short time.
- Blood Thirst: Enemies bleed for a percent of your critical strike damage over a few seconds.
- Booming Voice: Shout duration is increased by a percent.
- Close Quarters Combatant: You deal increased damage to enemies within melee range, but take a bit more damage from enemies outside of melee range.
- Concussion: Enemies struck by your Brawling skills are slowed for a few seconds.
- Combat Prowess: Damage increased by a percent against immobilized, stunned, or slowed enemies.
- Cut to the Bone: Stunning an enemy increases bleeding on them.
- Defy Pain: When you Evade, you gain damage reduction for a short time.
- Endless Fury: Fury generation is increased.
- Endurance: While out of combat, gain some Life per second.
- Fierce Brawler: Attack speed is increased by a percent while using one-handed weapons. Critical strike damage is increased while using two-handed weapons.
- Guttural Yell: Your Shouts cause enemies to deal less damage for a few seconds.
- Gushing Wounds: Bleeding effect deals a lot more damage.
- Martial Vigor: Damage reduction is increased.
- Master of Arms: After using your Weapon Mastery skill, your next Fury skill is free and deals a bit more damage.
- Momentum: A chance to generate extra fury.
- Slam: A chance to knock enemies down.
- Slaying Strike: Damage increased against enemies below 30 percent health.
- Swiftness: Movement speed is increased.
- Thick Skin: Non-physical damage reduction is increased.
- Unbridled Rage: Fury skills deal increased damage, but costs a bit more.
- Unstoppable Force: Berserking grants Unstoppable and increases damage.
- Walking Arsenal: Using a different weapons increases your damage for a few seconds.
- Quick Impulses: While moving, your damage reduction is increased.
Diablo 4 Barbarian Trailer
Unfortunately as one of the original three classes to be revealed, the Barbarian doesn’t have his own flashy cinematic trailer like the Necromancer or Rogue. Instead, the Barb forms part of a trio of classes who were revealed for the game’s very first gameplay trailer back in November 2019. We imagine though we’ll get a closer look at this class when we get closer to launch in 2023.
That’s everything you need to know about the Diablo 4 Barbarian for the time being, but we can’t wait to find out more when the game drops in 2023. If you’re interested in any of the other classes in the game, follow the links below for more details.
Diablo 4 Barbarian | Diablo 4 Druid | Diablo 4 Necromancer | Diablo 4 Rogue | Diablo 4 Sorceress