What is the best Trapper build in Dead by Daylight? Hopefully, this guide will help get to the bottom of that question as well as giving players all the information they need to help elevate their skills who originally launched with the game.
Further down we’ll cover off his standard perks and powers as well as the perks we would opt for when trying to assemble the best Trapper build in Dead By Daylight. Naturally, this is subjective and we’ll always attempt to keep this page updated as new chapters and major updates are released.
July 1 Update: The recent June update for Dead By Daylight has caused a major shake up of meta and non-meta perks for killers and survivors. We're checking how these BIG changes shake up the build meta before adjusting our guide. We'll update this page soon with any changes.
The Trapper Power & Perks
The Trapper killer has three unique perks that can be unlocked for other killers via the Bloodweb.
Alternatively, you can also unlock them via the games Shrine of Secrets.
We’ve detailed everything you need to know about these 3 main perks, just below.
(unlocked at level 30 in Bloodweb)
|Your presence alone instils great fear. Survivors repairing or healing within your Terror Radius suffer from the following effects:
(unlocked at level 35 in Bloodweb)
|Your great strength allows you to shred through your prey’s defences.
(unlocked at level 40 in Bloodweb)
|You get excited in anticipation of hooking your prey. While carrying a Survivoryou benefit from the following effects:
In addition to his standard perks, The Trapper can also use his unique power called Bear Trap. Here’s how it works:
“Begin a trial with 2 Bear Traps, with 6 additional Bear Traps randomly spawning throughout the map. The Trapper can only carry 2 Bear Traps at a time. Survivors can be caught in a Bear Trap and attempt to escape or be freed by a teammate. If a Survivor is healthy, being caught in a Bear Trap will put them in the injured state.”
What are the best perks for The Trapper?
When creating the best build for The Trapper, we would personally opt for the following perks to maximise his potential:
• BBQ & Chili – This perk is unique to The Cannibal
A deep bond with The Entity unlocks potential in one’s Aura-reading ability. After hooking a Survivor, all other Survivors’ Auras are revealed to you for 4 seconds when they are farther than 40 metres from the Hook. Each time a Survivor is hooked for the first time, gain a stack-able 25 % bonus to all Bloodpoint gains, up to a maximum of several percent.
Corrupt Intervention – This perk is unique to The Plague
- At the start of the Trial, the 3 Generators located farthest from you are blocked by The Entity for several seconds.
Infectious Fright – This perk is unique to The Plague
- Whenever a Survivor is put into the Dying State by any means, all other Survivors within your Terror Radius will scream and reveal their current location to you for 4/5/6 seconds.
Pop Goes the Weasel – This perk is unique to The Clown
- A deep bond with The Entity unlocks great strength. After hooking a Survivor, Pop Goes the Weasel activates for the next several seconds:
- The next Generator you damage instantly loses 25 % Progression.
- Regular Generator Regression applies afterwards and Pop Goes the Weasel deactivates.
Save the Best for Last – This perk is unique to The Shape
- You become obsessed with one Survivor. Each time you hit a Survivor other than your Obsession with a Basic Attack, Save the Best for Last gains 1 Token, up to a maximum of 8 Tokens:
- Gain a stack-able 5 % Cool-down reduction on successful attacks per Token, up to a maximum of 40 %.
- Each time you hit your Obsession with a Basic Attack, Save the Best for Last loses several Tokens.
- When the Obsession is sacrificed or killed, you can neither gain nor lose any more Tokens. You can only be obsessed with one Survivor at a time.
That’s everything you need to know when creating the best Trapper build in Dead by Daylight. However, if you’re looking for more Dead By Daylight guides then follow the links below for more helpful tips, tricks and explainers.
Dead By Daylight Killers Tier List | Dead By Daylight Survivors Tier List | Dead By Daylight Codes | Shrine of Secrets Perks This Week | Best Dead By Daylight Survivor Perks | Dead By Daylight Rank Reset | How To Get Bloodpoints Fast | How To Get Bloody Clothes | DBD Split-Screen | Are Bots Coming To DBD | DBD Tome 11 | DBD Chapter 24 | DBD Chapter 25 | DBD Chapter 26 | DBD 6th Anniversary |
Killer Build Guides – The Artist | The Blight | The Cannibal | The Cenobite | The Clown | The Deathslinger | The Demogorgon | The Doctor | The Dredge | The Executioner | The Ghost Face | The Hag | The Hillbilly | The Huntress | The Legion | The Nemesis | The Nightmare | The Nurse | The Oni | The Onryō | The Pig | The Plague | The Shape | The Spirit | The Trapper | The Trickster | The Twins | The Wraith |