What is the best Doctor build in Dead by Daylight? Hopefully, this guide will help answer that question as well as giving players all the information they need to help elevate their skills with the psychotic Herman “The Doctor” Carter from the Spark of Madness chapter.
Further down we’ll cover off his standard perks and powers as well as the perks we would opt for when trying to assemble the best Doctor build in Dead By Daylight. Naturally, this is subjective and we’ll always attempt to keep this page updated as new chapters and major updates are released.
July 1 Update: The recent June update for Dead By Daylight has caused a major shake up of meta and non-meta perks for killers and survivors. We're checking how these BIG changes shake up the build meta before adjusting our guide. We'll update this page soon with any changes.
The Doctor Power & Perks
The Doctor killer has three unique perks that can be unlocked for other killers via the Bloodweb.
Alternatively, you can also unlock them via the games Shrine of Secrets.
We’ve detailed everything you need to know about these 3 main perks, just below.
(unlocked at level 30 in Bloodweb)
|Your presence alone instils great fear. Survivors within your Terror Radius suffer from inefficiency:
|Monitor & Abuse
(unlocked at level 35 in Bloodweb)
|Meticulous in your approach, terrifying in your application. Your base Terror Radius is increased by 8 metres.
Field of View gains do not stack.
(unlocked at level 40 in Bloodweb)
|You are fuelled by your hate for progress. Damaging a Generator overcharges it:
In addition to his standard perks, The Doctor can also use unique Power called Carters Spark. Here’s how it works:
“Drive Survivors into Madness with Shock Therapy and Static Blast. Each Madness Tier further debilitates Survivors with a variety of afflictions, and those in Tier III are forced to snap out of it before they can repair, heal, sabotage, search, or cleanse Totems. A well-timed Shock Therapy use prevents Survivors from vaulting and dropping pallets.”
What are the best perks for The Doctor?
When creating the best build for The Doctor, we would personally opt for the following perks to maximise his potential:
• Pop Goes the Weasel – This perk is unique to The Clown
- A deep bond with The Entity unlocks great strength. After hooking a Survivor, Pop Goes the Weasel activates for the next several seconds:
- The next Generator you damage instantly loses 25 % Progression.
- Regular Generator Regression applies afterwards and Pop Goes the Weasel deactivates.
• Whispers – This perk is a general perk for all killers
- You have a rudimentary understanding of The Entity’s voice.
- Sporadically hear the whispers of The Entity when a Survivor is within 48/40/32 metres of your location.
• Save the Best for Last – This perk is unique to The Shape
- You become obsessed with one Survivor. Each time you hit a Survivor other than your Obsession with a Basic Attack, Save the Best for Last gains 1 Token, up to a maximum of 8 Tokens:
- Gain a stack-able 5 % Cool-down reduction on successful attacks per Token, up to a maximum of 40 %.
- Each time you hit your Obsession with a Basic Attack, Save the Best for Last loses several Tokens.
- When the Obsession is sacrificed or killed, you can neither gain nor lose any more Tokens. You can only be obsessed with one Survivor at a time.
• Thrilling Tremors – This perk is unique to Ghost Face
- Your dark designs and shrewd composure rouse The Entity.
- After picking up a Survivor, all Generators not currently being repaired by Survivors are blocked by The Entity for the next 16 seconds.
- The Auras of blocked Generators are highlighted to you in white.
- Thrilling Tremors has a cool-down of several seconds.
That’s everything you need to know when creating the best Doctor build in Dead by Daylight. However, if you’re looking for more Dead By Daylight guides then follow the links below for more helpful tips, tricks and explainers.
Dead By Daylight Killers Tier List | Dead By Daylight Survivors Tier List | Dead By Daylight Codes | Shrine of Secrets Perks This Week | Best Dead By Daylight Survivor Perks | Dead By Daylight Rank Reset | How To Get Bloodpoints Fast | How To Get Bloody Clothes | DBD Split-Screen | Are Bots Coming To DBD | DBD Tome 11 | DBD Chapter 24 | DBD Chapter 25 | DBD Chapter 26 | DBD 6th Anniversary |
Killer Build Guides – The Artist | The Blight | The Cannibal | The Cenobite | The Clown | The Deathslinger | The Demogorgon | The Doctor | The Dredge | The Executioner | The Ghost Face | The Hag | The Hillbilly | The Huntress | The Legion | The Nemesis | The Nightmare | The Nurse | The Oni | The Onryō | The Pig | The Plague | The Shape | The Spirit | The Trapper | The Trickster | The Twins | The Wraith |