Apex Legends Season 13 is still some time away, and whilst fans have already got a sneak peak of what’s coming next – following a major leak that revealed the next 9 Legends and more – we do have plenty of new content coming in the here and now.
Next up is a brand new Warriors Collection Event to keep fans entertained. From March 29th to April 12th, Control returns for a limited time, alongside a new Arena map, Crypto’s Heirloom, and numerous updates to the game.
Besides all the excellent free content being rolled out, Respawn is also (finally) releasing the game’s next-gen versions for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S consoles. According to a new blog on the Apex Legends site, the new upgraded versions of the game offer a number of new features, including native 4K and HDR, with plenty more features also on the way later this year.
Keep reading for a look at whats coming today AND the latest patch notes for Apex Legends.
Read More – More Call of Duty Remasters Are On The Way
Apex Legends Warriors Collection Event
CONTROL IS BACK!
- Our limited-time 9v9 mode Control is returning for two weeks with the Warriors Collection Event!
- This time around Caustic Treatment on Kings Canyon has been added into the mix. So, squad up, select your loadout, and fight for total control over Olympus, Storm Point, and Kings Canyon. Brought to you by Silva Pharmaceuticals.
THE CAUSTIC TREATMENT
- Caustic Treatment has been converted into a three-point battleground for control over Kings Canyon.
- Additional cover, ziplines, skydive launchers, and even a hover tank, have been added to the space. This was done with the intent of balancing the area and improving flow to the points.
- Caustic’s Lab is a highly defensible fortress controlled by the right team and a combination of legends. However, with solid coordination, and a well-timed offensive push, defenders can easily be routed.
NEW ARENA MAP: DROP-OFF
- Sitting high above the skyline of Malta is the fully automated Hammond Manufacturing Tower that was constructed for a single purpose: the early production of critical systems for Olympus. Codenamed Drop-Off, the site is still in operation, but at night, Arenas fighters covertly commandeer the place for fierce matches under the smoggy skies.
- The POIs in Drop-Off can be primarily thought of as two governing locations: Interior and Exterior. The interior is split across two POIs: Observation Deck and Deployment Line, while the exterior offers the Loading Bay.
WARRIORS COLLECTION EVENT ITEMS
- The Warriors Collection Event introduces a brand new set of 24 themed, limited-time cosmetics. Look every inch the fighter in new Legendary skins including the “Synthetic Huntress” Ash Skin, “Riding Dirty” Octane Skin, “Jewel Olympus” Horizon Skin, and “Combat Survivalist” Lifeline.
- You can earn 1,600 points per day and challenges refresh daily. There are also stretch challenges that reward four unique badges if you complete them during the event. All of these challenges also stack with your Battle Pass, so you can complete multiple at once.
- Warriors also introduces a brand new set of 24 themed, limited-time cosmetics.
- All 24 items will be available through direct purchase (for Apex Coins or Crafting Metals) and in Warriors Event Apex Packs for the entire duration of the event.
Apex Legends Next-Gen Updates
This patch is also bringing some sweet updates for Playstation 5 and Xbox Series X|S owners. On March 29, we will be launching the native next-gen versions of Apex Legends. You will be able to play your favorite game in native 4K (PS5 & Xbox Series X) along with the game being outputted in glorious HDR. Additionally, we are planning support for more next-gen features in future updates.
For PS5 Owners who already have Apex Legends installed:
- Navigate to the Game Hub for Apex Legends on the PS5 dashboard.
- Press the “Options” button next to “Play Game” (represented by “…” inside the Game Hub).
- Press “Select Version” and choose the PS5 version to download the updated next-gen version.
- Once the download is complete, navigate to the Game Library to delete the PS4 version.
For PS5 Owners who do not currently have Apex Legends installed:
- Navigate to the “Your Collection” tab of the Game Library on the PS5 dashboard.
- Find Apex Legends in your list of games and select it.
- When prompted, choose the PS5 version to download the updated next-gen version.
For Xbox Series X/S Owners:
Apex Legends uses Smart Delivery on Xbox consoles. The best version of the game is automatically delivered to your console, regardless of generation – no extra steps are required from you.
Apex Legends Patch Notes (March 29)
CONTROL MODE UPDATES:
- Fixed issue where players would not be able to see or select spawn points on the Spawn Menu after dying while stimmed as Octane.
- Removed the Turbo Charger from Purple Tier weapons – Players have to get their Ratings up to Gold Tier in order to get it.
- Several crash fixes to help with mode stability.
- Fixed a UI bug where Mythic ammo icon appears on non-crate weapons when auto-reloaded.
- Fix for ammo disappearing from Rampart’s mobile Sheila when firing.
- Double Tap burst fire delay reduced from 0.475 to 0.375.
- Double Tap recoil improvements.
- Ammo reserves increased from 120 to 140.
HOP-UPS SPAWN RATE ADJUSTMENTS
- Increased spawn rate for Hammerpoint Rounds and Kinetic Feeder.
- Reduced spawn rate for Deadeye’s Tempo, Shatter Caps, and Boosted Loader.
- Fixed frame jitter that could appear while spectating a match.
- Fixed issue where Precision Choke was disabled by default on Golden TripleTake.
- Fixed issue where players could leave at the start of a match without being penalized.
- Fixed hack where players were able to duel-wield weapons.
- Fixed bug where players would not receive assist credit when damaging Gibraltar’s arm shield.
- Fix for bug when Crypto’s animation would glitch after using a finisher while in death protection.
- Fixed bug where players were unable to perform Ash’s skydive emote.
- Fixed bug where the Leaver Penalty warning would always show two minutes regardless of how many times you’ve disconnected.
- Fixed bug where damaging MRVN would count towards upgrading your Evo Shield.
- Fix for cases where Crypto can throw out multiple drones.
- Fix for cases where Pathfinder is able to grapple enemies indefinitely.
- Fix for cases where players are able to reset Wraith’s Tactical cooldown by ending her phasing while entering an Ash’s Portal.
- Fix for visual inconsistencies in Bloodhound’s Cyber Hunt skin.
- Arenas: Fix for a bug where music could cut off at the start of a match in Habitat 4.
- Arenas: Fix for visual bug where Legend abilities would stay onscreen during a match.
- Various fixes to charging systems in weapons to work more consistently and by design.
- Fix for cases where players could remove bullet spread when using ziplines.
- Fix for visual inconsistencies in reactive weapons after activating.
- Fix for cases where Wattson’s Ultimate’s shield regen would work through some windows in Command Center.
- Tropics Map: Fix for cases where players can be launched by Gravity Cannon while below it.
- Added tracker for “Battle Royale Wins”.