The Diablo Immortal release has finally arrived, with Blizzard’s new mobile Diablo game hitting the Apple App Store and Android Google Play Store. If you’ve only just downloaded the game and considering which class to play, might we suggest having a read of our Diablo Immortal Best Class Tier List before you proceed further?
Assuming you’ve already dived into the game and pledged your allegiance to the Necromancer class, you might be wondering what is the best Necromancer build in Diablo Immortal. With this in mind, we’ve pulled together this guide which attempts to answer that question with a specific focus on solo play. That means we’re looking at the best build for farming the game’s Bounties, Elder Rifts, Lairs, and Side Quests as a solo player.
If you’re looking for the best Necromancer build for PvP, Raids (Helliquary and Kion’s Ordeal), or Dungeons played in a group, you might want to check out a different guide more tailored to that specific criteria. Whilst it’s possible that these builds might be similar, there are always going to be slight variations based on the activity you’re playing (especially PvP).
This build guide also assumes you have played the game sufficiently to level up your character to Level 60, by which point you should be able to gather the associated skills, legendary items, legendary gems and set items without too much trouble.
9 September Note - Reviewed page for Season 4.
What is the best Necromancer build in Diablo Immortal
Despite being a mobile-first title, Diablo Immortal is still fairly robust in its approach as a loot-based game. As such players still have plenty of choices to make when assembling their character, including skills, gear and gems to equip all in the name of making your character stronger in the face of unspeakable hellish monsters.
There are countless different ways you can choose to maximise the potential of the class, but if you’re playing solo the best Necromancer build in Diablo Immortal is the Summoner Necromancer Build.
The Necromancer class is pretty unique in that its best attacks are short to mid-range. You’ll be up close, but you’re not getting in the thick of the action like a Barbarian. Instead, you maintain a short distance, letting your undead minions do the main work.
This build uses Command Skeletons for single target damage, Command Golem’s for gathering enemies and Skeletal Mage and Dark Curse for lethal AOE (area of effect) damage.
Since Necromancer’s have iffy mobility and can be slightly squishy (read: too soft or easy to kill), so this build tries to focus not on improving your Necro per se, but buffing your summons instead. You’ll act as a commander on the battlefield, and the build aims to make your relentless undead army as powerful as possible.
Best Skills For Necromancer in Diablo Immortal
Necromancer have 2 Primary Attacks to choose from. For the best Necromancer Summoner build, we would suggest going with the following:
• Soulfire – Throw a ball of soulfire that explodes when it strikes an enemy, inflicting damage to the target and 25% as much to all other nearby enemies.
(Ultimate Ability) Hungering Soulfire – Enhance Soulfire for 12 seconds, instead launching multiple greater bone spirits that seek out enemies and deal damage. Targets hit multiple times simultaneously take 75% cumulatively reduced damage.
In addition to the Primary attack, Necromancer have up to 12 skills to choose from, and may equip up to 4 of them at time. If you’re looking to build the best Necromancer Summoner build whilst playing solo, we suggest picking these skills:
• Command Skeletons – Active: Command your skeletal champions to charge to a location and increase attack speed by 80% for 4.5 seconds. Passive: Raise a skeletal champion every 8 seconds to a max of 4. Skeletal champions deal damage per attack.
• Skeletal Mage (Unlocked at Level 20) – Summon an immobile skeletal mage for 13 seconds that throws bolts of soulfire in a direction, each dealing damage to all enemies in the bolt’s path. You may not command more than 6 total skeletal champions and skeletal mages.
• Dark Curse (Unlocked at Level 44) – Curse all enemies in the area, dealing damage to them over 6 seconds and greatly reducing their vision.
• Command Golem (Unlocked at Level 50) – Summon a bone golem for 24 seconds. When summoned, it will deal damage to all nearby enemies and Stun them for 2 seconds. While it is active, you can order the golem to leap to a nearby location, where it will deal damage and force all nearby monsters to attack it for 6 seconds.
Best Legendary Items for Necromancer in Diablo Immortal
Whilst you’ll start out with common, magic and rare items, you’ll eventually want to transition your primary items slots to Legendary items. These powerful pieces of equipment not only have higher stats, but also provide legendary powers to help enhance your existing skills. Plus, they can be socketed with Legendary gems too.
When assembling the best Necromancer Summoner build, we’d opt for these Legendary items:
• Head – Visitant’s Sign
• Shoulders – Linger-Mantle
• Chest – Exhumant’s Backbone
• Legs – Guided By Maggots
• Main Hand Weapon – Desolatoria
• Off Hand Weapon – Baleful Trinity
Best Set Items for Necromancer in Diablo Immortal
You’ve got your legendary items equipped, now we need to think about your secondary gear slots, and like Diablo 3, we’re best equipping Set Items. These powerful armor pieces are earned once you reach max character level and can be found dropping in Dungeons from the final boss.
If you’ve never played Diablo before, set items work like this. If you have 2 items of the same set, you’ll gain a buff. This buff increases depending on whether you have 2, 4 or 6 items from the set in question. You can also mix and match with other sets if you wish. Unlike Diablo 3, Set Items won’t conflict with your Legendary Items, which makes it slightly less convoluted (thankfully). So you need to just focus on having the best Set Bonuses to augment your class build.
For the Best Necromancer Summoner Build you want to opt for all 6 items from the Shepherd’s Call to Wolves set. We’ve listed the bonuses you’ll gain, just below:
• 2/6 Bonus – Your summons deal 15% more damage.
• 4/6 Bonus – Critical Hit Chance increased by 3% for each of your summons, up to a maximum of 18%.
• 6/6 Bonus – Your summons enter a frenzied state for 10 seconds each time one of them critically hits. The frenzied state increases their damage and Attack Speed by 100%. Cannot occur more often than once every 40 seconds.
Below are the items you need, plus which dungeon you’ll find them dropping:
|Shepherd and Architech||Neck||Tomb of Fahir|
Shepherd and Mother
|Ring 1||Mad King’s Breach|
|Shepherd and Father||Ring 2||Forgotten Tower|
|Shepherd and Beastmaster||Hands||Destruction’s End|
|Shepherd and Begetter||Waist||Kikuras Rapids|
|Shepherd and Leader||Feet||Temple of Namari|
Best Normal Gems for Necromancer in Diablo Immortal
We appreciate it might take some time to acquire those legendary gems (more on them in a minute) so for the sake of covering our bases, here’s a really quick guide on the best normal gems.
• Red Gems – Pick Tourmaline over Ruby, as a damage buff is better than a life buff.
• Blue Gems – Pick Sapphire over Aquamarine, as an armor penetration buff is preferable to an armor buff.
• Yellow Gems – It doesn’t matter as both potency and resistance are pretty pointless stats. Just pick whichever Citrine or Topaz gem is the highest level.
Best Legendary Gems for Necromancer in Diablo Immortal
Although the game contains plenty of normal gems (red, blue and yellow) to socket into your gear, it’s the game’s legendary gems which offer the best attribute bonuses and power boosts to your character. You can slot a maximum of 6 and you earn these in all manner of ways, but mostly from completing Elder Rifts.
Legendary Gems are also split between different tiers. 1 star and 2 star legendary gems are generally more common to acquire, whilst 5 star are much harder and offer great bonuses when slotted into your primary gear stots.
Below is a list of the best starter legendary gems (a mix of 1 and 2 star) as well as the best outright gems to slot into your primary gear slots.
|Starter Legendary Gems||Best Legendary Gems|
Chip of Stone Flesh
|Chained Death||Echoing Shade|
|Fervant Fang||Howler’s Call|
|Zod Stone||Seeping Bile|
That’s everything you need to know about the best Diablo Immortal Necromancer build for Season 1. If you’re looking for more Diablo Immortal guides, builds and tips then you’ll find plenty more help on the links below.
Diablo Immortal Best Class Tier List For Solo, PVP and Dungeons | Diablo Immortal Best Barbarian Build | Diablo Immortal Best Crusader Build | Diablo Immortal Best Demon Hunter Build | Diablo Immortal Best Monk Build | Diablo Immortal Best Necromancer Build | Diablo Immortal Best Wizard Build |
Diablo Immortal Patch Notes | Diablo Immortal Max Level Cap | All Hidden Lair Locations | How To Change Difficulty In Diablo Immortal | Diablo Immortal Set Items List | Diablo Immortal Reset Times | Diablo Immortal Codes | Diablo Immortal Server List | Diablo Immortal Platinum Farming Tips | Is Diablo Immortal Coming To Switch?