Destiny 2 Solstice of Heroes will return in 2022, although there are a few changes afoot for the celebratory event taking place in Season of the Haunted.
For one, the event is now called “Solstice” with Bungie choosing to drop the “of Heroes” from the name of their summer event. Don’t worry though, they’re still planning plenty of beautiful new floral arrangements to adorn the Tower during the event, adding a summery vibe to compliment the bright shining light of Solar 3.0 released at the start of the season.
It’s not just cosmetic changes they’re making though, there’s arguably one of the biggest shake-ups to the way Bungie runs their themed events with the introduction of a new Event Pass. A bit like a mini battlepass with more rewards, challenges, titles and more to earn. Keep reading and we’ll give you the full low down on what Bungie is planning, along with all the latest news and leaks.
Here’s everything you need to know about Destiny 2 Solstice event for 2022.
Not long to go now! The Destiny 2 Solstice event will go live tomorrow on July 19.
Just to let people know we’ve updated this page with all the latest details from Bungie’s most recent TWAB on July 14.
In under a week the Solstice of Heroes event begins, introducing Destiny 2’s new Event Card, featuring:
- Event Challenges
- Event Seals and Titles
- Unique Event Rewards
Destiny 2 Solstice of Heroes Start Time
When does Solstice of Heroes start in 2022? Bungie has confirmed that the Destiny 2 Solstice event will start on July 19 as part of Season 17. This was confirmed in a ‘This Week At Bungie‘ blog post back in May.
July 19 is (as you might have guessed) a Tuesday, which means the Destiny 2 Solstice event will start at 6 PM BST/10 AM PT/1 PM ET following the Destiny 2 Weekly Reset. Should Bungie have an update to release on the day it’s possible that server maintenance could push the start time back an hour.
Destiny 2 Solstice Event Card
With the release of the Solstice event in 2022, Bungie is added a brand new feature called the ‘Event Card’, which sounds a little bit like a mini-event specific version of the Seasonal Challenges players normally get. “In much the same way that Seasonal Challenges introduces an easy-to-understand (and find) list of goals you can complete in a Season, the Event Card does the same for Destiny 2’s annual events,” Bungie explained in a TWAB.
On top of this, there is also going to be new event seals and titles players can earn during the event.
Whilst the majority of the event card is free, there’s also a paid event card which unlocks event-themed cosmetics. To access this you’ll need to upgrade the Event Card for 1000 silver, with Bungie suggesting that the event card rewards will be worth (roughly) 3000 silver.
EVENT CARD SUMMARY
- Solstice is launching with the Event Card to organize objectives and help guide players on what they can do during the event
- The Event Card is available for free for all players.
- View your Event Card by:
- Interacting with Eva Levante in the Tower.
- Or via the Quests tab (right next to Seasonal Challenges).
- The Event Card consists of Event Challenges, Event Seals and titles, and Upgraded Event Card Rewards.
- Note the free events you know and love will remain the same, and some of the free rewards are now claimed via the Event Card (upgrade not required).
- Completing Event Challenges earns players event-related rewards and Event Tickets.
- Players can upgrade their Event Card for 1000 Silver to unlock:
- An instant claimable reward bundle.
- The ability to spend Event Tickets for more rewards.
- Not sure you’ll earn enough Event Tickets? No problem—Tickets are earned even if you haven’t upgraded your card, and the Event Card can be upgraded any time while the event is active.
- Note Event Tickets must be spent before Solstice ends on August 9!
- Upgraded Event Card rewards will be exclusively obtained through their event in the year they launch but could be added to the Eververse store in the future.
Here is a quick look at a few rewards that are instantly unlocked from the Upgraded Event Card.
Destiny 2 Solstice Armor For 2022
How To Upgrade Solstice Armor
- Complete Event Challenges to earn Kindling.
- Use Kindling to permanently upgrade your Solstice armor stat roll potential.
- Complete a wide variety of activities throughout the game to earn Silver Leaves.
- Complete the Solstice Activity, Bonfire Bash, to transform Silver Leaves into Silver Ash.
- Use Silver Ash to reroll armor stats from the armor mod screen.
- Keep earning and spending Silver Ash to reroll armor to get the stats you want.
- Once you’ve fully rerolled stats on a piece of armor, pick up a new piece for the same slot to start rerolling stats again.
The new Solstice armor sets feature both free and paid glows like previous years. And just like last year, fully upgrading a piece of armor, with kindling, will cause it to glow.
Destiny 2 Solstice Leaks
It looks as though Solstice 2022 will also introduce an event-exclusive Hand Cannon for players to work towards too. As you can imagine there are also some new eververse items on the way, including new ghost shells, ships, and sparrows.
Some of these new items have already been leaked thanks to two community members and community sites like light.gg. You can take a look at some of the new items just below:
Bonfire Bash Mode Explained
Bungie announced a new mode coming to the game with the release of the Destiny 2 Solstice event in 2022.
It’s called ‘Bonfire Bash’, and will take place in the European Aerial Zone. Details as still a little thin on the ground, but in a previous TWAB the devs did tell fans:
“Another new feature coming to Solstice is an activity in the European Aerial Zone called Bonfire Bash, where Guardians will be building and stoking what can only be described as “paracausal bonfires” while the enemies of summer fun (including the Taken, Cabal, Hive, and Fallen) will be attempting to crash the party and extinguish the fires. In your mission to guard the flames from wave after wave of incoming enemies, we’ve made it easier to transverse the EAZ, adding floating islands and removing building-barriers for maximum maneuverability.”
So it could be that this is a sort of horde mode with increasingly difficult waves? No doubt we’ll get more details on how this new mode will work in the weeks to come.
How long is the Solstice event in Destiny 2?
The Solstice of Heroes event in Destiny 2 will typically last for four weeks and come to a conclusion on a Tuesday following the Destiny 2 Weekly Reset.
That’s everything you need to know about the Destiny 2 Solstice of Heroes event for 2022. However, if you’re looking for more Destiny 2 guides then follow the links below for more helpful tips, tricks and explainers.
Destiny 2 Weekly Reset | Destiny 2 Weekly Challenges | Destiny 2 Xur Location This Week | Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris Map & Rewards This Week | Destiny 2 Legendary Shards Glitch | Everything We Know About Destiny 2: Lightfall