It’s that special time of year when every game seems to boast a holiday event, and Destiny 2 is no exception. The Dawning event is taking place, giving players ample opportunity to spread holiday cheer to all their favorite NPCs. The free event is running until January 4, 2022, and features a heap load of new and returning recipes for players to check out and craft with the help of Eva Levante. Here’s how to find materials for these recipes, as well as craft them in Destiny’s 2021 Dawning event.
Dawning Event Bounties And Quests
Before really starting this event, players will need to speak with Eva Levante to craft one gift to give to an NPC. After that, you’ll have access to her bounties, quests, and upgrades. Completing these bounties and delivering cookies earns you Dawning Spirit, which can then be traded back to Eva for event-related upgrades. These upgrades, like Merrymaker and Harvest, stick around throughout the event and provide extra rewards or utility for the event activities.
There are even a few quests that Eva carries to earn some of the event’s items this year. These quests, Rite of Dawning and The Pigeon Provides, are relatively simple and straightforward quests. Follow along through them and you’ll unlock the Zephyr legendary sword and Vapoorwill Spin exotic ship.
Bounties are separated into weekly, daily, and additional challenges. Completing Weeklies rewards the player with Essence of Dawning and Bright Dust; Dailies offer event ingredients; Additionals offer both Bright Dust and a random ingredient. You’ll want to complete as many dailies as possible in order to build up your ingredient stockpile of ingredients. The bulk of this event is cooking different cookie recipes and delivering them to NPCs, so you’ll want to make sure your pantry is well stocked.
Finding Destiny 2’s Dawning Event Ingredients
You’ll need a lot of the Dawning event’s ingredients to complete the event. Here’s every ingredient in the event, and how to get them:
- Balanced Flavors: Get Bow, Scout Rifle, and Sniper Rifle kills
- Bullet Spray: Get Auto Rifle, Light Machine Gun, and Sub Machine Gun kills
- Cabal Oil: Get Cabal kills
- Chitin Powder: Get Hive kills
- Dark Ether Cane: Get Scorn kills
- Dark Frosting: Get Stasis kills
- Delicious Explosion: Get Grenade, Grenade Launcher, and Rocket Launcher kills
- Electric Flavor: Get Arc kills
- Ether Cane: Get Fallen kills
- Finishing Touch: Get Finisher kills
- Flashing Inspiration: Create Orbs of Light
- Impossible Heat: Get Solar kills
- Multifaceted Flavors: Earn multikills
- Null Taste: Get Void kills
- Perfect Taste: Get precision kills
- Personal Touch: Get melee kills
- Taken Butter: Get Taken kills
- Vex Milk: Get Vex kills
All The Recipes For Eva’s Holiday Oven 2.1
After you’ve gathered up some ingredients, it’s time to head over to Eva’s Holiday Oven 2.1. While inside the Oven’s menu, you’ll see a list of all the available cookie recipes from the Dawning event. Each recipe will cost two ingredients from the list above, as well as some Essence of Dawning. Here’s every recipe, who they’re for, and what ingredients you’ll need to bake them:
- Chocolate Ship Cookies for Amanda Holliday: Cabal Oil, Null Taste
- Gjallardoodles for Commander Zava: Ether Cane, Delicious Explosion
- Traveler Donuts for Ikora Rey: Cabal Oil, Flash of Inspiration
- Telemetry Tapioca for Banshee-44: Vex Milk, Bullet Spray
- Infinite Forest Cake for Failsafe: Vex Milk, Impossible Heat
- Vanilla Blades for Lord Shaxx: Cabal Oil, Sharp Flavor
- Ascendant Oatmeal Raisin Cookies for Eris Morn: Cabal Oil, Sharp Flavor
- Dark Chocolate Motes for the Drifter: Taken Butter, Null Taste
- Bright-Dusted Snowballs for Tess Everis: Chitin Powder, Multifaceted Flavors
- Ill-Fortune Cookies for Petra Venj: Dark Ether Cane, Impossible Heat
- Strange Cookies for Xûr: Taken Butter, Electric Flavor
- Lavender Ribbon Cookies for Saint-14: Vex Milk, Personal Touch
- Classic Butter Cookies for Eva Levante: Taken Butter, Superb Texture
- Eteric Coldsnaps for Variks: Chitin Powder, Electric Flavor
- Blueberry Crumblers for Shaw Han: Ether Cane, Bullet Spray
- Bittersweet Biscotti for Crow: Dark Ether Cane, Balanced Flavors
- Ascendant Apple Tart for Mara Sov: Taken Butter, Sharp Flavor
Remember that you’ll also need Essence of Dawning for each of these recipes, which can be earned by completing bounties and delivering cookies to NPCs.
Rewards For Dawning Event 2021
As previously mentioned, the main two rewards for this year’s Dawning event are the Zephyr legendary sword and Vapoorwill Spin exotic ship. If you don’t like the original Zephyr sword you got from completing Eva’s quest, you can always reroll it by turning in cookies to an NPC. Doing so will give you the option to pick up another Zephyr, as well as weapons from Dawning events of years past.
Gravity Hammers, Razorbacks, Warthogs, and Needlers…Oh My!
Infinite is just around the corner and we cannot wait to get our hands on all the goodies the battlefield has to offer.
Nicolas Perez is a journalist who has played way too much Civilization 5. He’s rambling on Twitter @Nic_Perez_.