What is the best Onryo build in Dead by Daylight? Hopefully, this guide will help get to the bottom of that question as well as giving players all the information they need to help elevate their skills with the DLC killer from the Sadako Rising Chapter.
Further down we’ll cover off her standard perks and powers as well as the perks we would opt for when trying to assemble the best Onryo build in Dead By Daylight. Naturally, this is subjective and we’ll always attempt to keep this page updated as new chapters and major updates are released.
July 1 Update: The recent June update for Dead By Daylight has caused a major shake up of meta and non-meta perks for killers and survivors. We're checking how these BIG changes shake up the build meta before adjusting our guide. We'll update this page soon with any changes.
The Onryo Power & Perks
The Onryo killer has three unique perks that can be unlocked for other killers via the Bloodweb.
Alternatively, you can also unlock them via the games Shrine of Secrets.
We’ve detailed everything you need to know about these 3 main perks, just below.
|Scourge Hook: Floods of Rage
(unlocked at level 30 in Bloodweb)
|You form a psychic connection with The Entity and alter the rules of the Trial. At the start of the Trial, 4 random Hooks are changed into Scourge Hooks:
Each time a Survivor is unhooked from a Scourge Hook, the following effects apply:
|Call of Brine
(unlocked at level 35 in Bloodweb)
|Your psychic abilities influence technology in devastating ways. After damaging a Generator, Call of Brine activates for 60 seconds.
(unlocked at level 40 in Bloodweb)
|Your horrible trauma is felt by everyone.
Merciless Storm can only trigger once per Generator per Trial.
In addition to her standard perks, The Onryo can also use her unique power called Deluge of Fear. Here’s how it works:
“Begin a trial invisible to all Survivors, becoming intermittently visible when nearby. To attack, Manifest into Sadako’s material form, becoming visible in the process. Sadako can also teleport to any TV positioned around the map, instantly Manifesting and giving any nearby Survivor 1 stack of Condemned. When a Survivor reaches 7 stacks of Condemned, they can be instantly killed when downed. Survivors can prevent Sadako’s mobility by powering down TVs, though they gain 1 stack of Condemned by doing so. Interacting with a specific TV can lower a Survivor’s Condemned level by 4.”
What are the best perks for The Onryo?
When creating the best build for The Onryo, we would personally opt for the following perks to maximise her potential:
Discordance – This perk is unique to The Legion
- Any Generator within a range of several metres that is being repaired by 2 or more Survivors is marked by a yellow Aura.
- When the Generator is first highlighted, Discordance triggers a Loud Noise notification on the Generator.
- After the Generator is no longer within range or is being repaired by just 1 Survivor, the highlighted Aura will linger for another 4 seconds.
Hex: Ruin – This perk is unique to The Hag
- A Hex that affects all Survivor’s Generator Repair progress. All Generators automatically regress at percentage of the normal Regression speed whenever they are not being repaired. The Hex effects persist as long as the related Hex Totem is standing.
Tinkerer – This perk is unique to The Hillbilly
- Whenever a Generator is repaired to 70 %, it triggers a Loud Noise notification and you are granted the Undetectable Status Effect for the next several seconds.
Thanatophobia – This perk is unique to The Nurse
- Their courage fades in the face of their undeniable mortality.
- Each injured, dying, or hooked Survivor incurs a stack-able percentage penalty to all Survivors’ Repairing, Sabotaging, and Cleansing Action speeds, up to a maximum of several percent.
That’s everything you need to know when creating the best Onryo build in Dead by Daylight. However, if you’re looking for more Dead By Daylight guides then follow the links below for more helpful tips, tricks and explainers.
Dead By Daylight Killers Tier List | Dead By Daylight Survivors Tier List | Dead By Daylight Codes | Shrine of Secrets Perks This Week | Best Dead By Daylight Survivor Perks | Dead By Daylight Rank Reset | How To Get Bloodpoints Fast | How To Get Bloody Clothes | DBD Split-Screen | Are Bots Coming To DBD | DBD Tome 11 | DBD Chapter 24 | DBD Chapter 25 | DBD Chapter 26 | DBD 6th Anniversary |
Killer Build Guides – The Artist | The Blight | The Cannibal | The Cenobite | The Clown | The Deathslinger | The Demogorgon | The Doctor | The Dredge | The Executioner | The Ghost Face | The Hag | The Hillbilly | The Huntress | The Legion | The Nemesis | The Nightmare | The Nurse | The Oni | The Onryō | The Pig | The Plague | The Shape | The Spirit | The Trapper | The Trickster | The Twins | The Wraith |