What is the best Deathslinger build in Dead by Daylight? Hopefully, this guide will help get to the bottom of that question as well as giving players all the information they need to help elevate their skills with the DLC killer from the Chains of Hate Chapter.
Further down we’ll cover off his standard perks and powers as well as the perks we would opt for when trying to assemble the best Deathslinger build in Dead By Daylight. Naturally, this is subjective and we’ll always attempt to keep this page updated as new chapters and major updates are released.
July 1 Update: The recent June update for Dead By Daylight has caused a major shake up of meta and non-meta perks for killers and survivors. We're checking how these BIG changes shake up the build meta before adjusting our guide. We'll update this page soon with any changes.
The Deathslinger Power & Perks
The Deathslinger killer has three unique perks that can be unlocked for other killers via the Bloodweb.
Alternatively, you can also unlock them via the games Shrine of Secrets.
We’ve detailed everything you need to know about these 3 main perks, just below.
(unlocked at level 30 in Bloodweb)
|You have got an ear for well-oiled gears. After a Survivor loses a Health State, Gearhead activates:
|Dead Man’s Switch
(unlocked at level 35 in Bloodweb)
|After hooking a Survivor, Dead Man’s Switch activates for the next Several Seconds:
(unlocked at level 40 in Bloodweb)
|A Hex that lashes out upon its destruction. Those who cross you will be punished.
The Hex effects persist as long as the related Hex Totem is standing.
In addition to his standard perks, The Deathslinger can also use his unique power called The Redeemer. Here’s how it works:
“Raise The Redeemer, track a Survivor in your sights, and fire a chained harpoon. If the shot connects, reel in the struggling Survivor for an attack. If the Survivor manages to break free from the chain, the Survivor will escape and the Deathslinger will be stunned for a brief duration.”
What are the best perks for The Deathslinger?
When creating the best build for The Deathslinger, we would personally opt for the following perks to maximise his potential:
BBQ & Chili – This perk is unique to The Cannibal
- A deep bond with The Entity unlocks potential in one’s Aura-reading ability. After hooking a Survivor, all other Survivors’ Auras are revealed to you for 4 seconds when they are farther than 40 metres from the Hook. Each time a Survivor is hooked for the first time, gain a stack-able 25 % bonus to all Bloodpoint gains, up to a maximum of several percent.
Dead Man’s Switch – This perk is unique to The Deathslinger
- You become obsessed with one Survivor. After hooking the Obsession, Dead Man’s Switch activates for the next couple of seconds.
- While activated, any Survivor that stops repairing a Generator before it is fully repaired causes The Entity to block the Generator until Dead Man’s Switch’s effect ends.
- Affected Generators are highlighted by a white Aura.
- You can only be obsessed with one Survivor at a time.
Hex Ruin – This perk is unique to The Hag
- A Hex that affects all Survivor’s Generator Repair progress. All Generators automatically regress at percentage of the normal Regression speed whenever they are not being repaired. The Hex effects persist as long as the related Hex Totem is standing.
Thanatophobia – This perk is unique to The Nurse
- Their courage fades in the face of their undeniable mortality.
- Each injured, dying, or hooked Survivor incurs a stack-able percentage penalty to all Survivors’ Repairing, Sabotaging, and Cleansing Action speeds, up to a maximum of several percent.
That’s everything you need to know when creating the best Deathslinger build in Dead by Daylight. However, if you’re looking for more Dead By Daylight guides then follow the links below for more helpful tips, tricks and explainers.
Dead By Daylight Killers Tier List | Dead By Daylight Survivors Tier List | Dead By Daylight Codes | Shrine of Secrets Perks This Week | Best Dead By Daylight Survivor Perks | Dead By Daylight Rank Reset | How To Get Bloodpoints Fast | How To Get Bloody Clothes | DBD Split-Screen | Are Bots Coming To DBD | DBD Tome 11 | DBD Chapter 24 | DBD Chapter 25 | DBD Chapter 26 | DBD 6th Anniversary |
Killer Build Guides – The Artist | The Blight | The Cannibal | The Cenobite | The Clown | The Deathslinger | The Demogorgon | The Doctor | The Dredge | The Executioner | The Ghost Face | The Hag | The Hillbilly | The Huntress | The Legion | The Nemesis | The Nightmare | The Nurse | The Oni | The Onryō | The Pig | The Plague | The Shape | The Spirit | The Trapper | The Trickster | The Twins | The Wraith |