What is the best Clown build in Dead by Daylight? Hopefully, this guide will help get to the bottom of that question as well as giving players all the information they need to help elevate their skills with the DLC killer from the Curtain Call Chapter.
Further down we’ll cover off his standard perks and powers as well as the perks we would opt for when trying to assemble the best Clown build in Dead By Daylight. Naturally, this is subjective and we’ll always attempt to keep this page updated as new chapters and major updates are released.
The Clown Power & Perks
The Clown killer has three unique perks that can be unlocked for other killers via the Bloodweb.
Alternatively, you can also unlock them via the games Shrine of Secrets.
We’ve detailed everything you need to know about these 3 main perks, just below.
(unlocked at level 30 in Bloodweb)
|Performing a Vault action is Several Percent faster and calls upon The Entity to block that Vault location for Survivors for Several Seconds. Only one Vault location may be blocked this way at any given time. Bamboozle does not affect Pallets.|
(unlocked at level 35 in Bloodweb)
|Your presence alone instils great fear. The Healing speed of Survivors within your Terror Radius is reduced by Several Percent.|
|Pop Goes the Weasel
(unlocked at level 40 in Bloodweb)
|A deep bond with The Entity unlocks great strength.
After hooking a Survivor, Pop Goes the Weasel activates for the next Several Seconds:
In addition to his standard perks, The Clown can also use his unique power called The Afterpiece Tonic. Here’s how it works:
“Begin a Trial armed with 5 bottles of the Clown’s poisonous concoctions. The purple Afterpiece Tonic can be thrown to disorient, direct, and hinder Survivors, whose coughing fits make them easier to track. The Yellow Afterpiece Antidote grants a burst of speed that closes distance with deadly efficacy. The Clown can refill his bottles when needed.”
What are the best perks for The Clown?
When creating the best build for The Clown, we would personally opt for the following perks to maximise his potential:
A Nurse’s Calling – This perk is unique to The Nurse
- Unlocks potential in your Aura-reading ability. The Auras of Survivors, who are healing or being healed, are revealed to you when they are within a range of several metres.
Bamboozle – This perk is unique to The Clown
- Performing a vault action is 5/10/15% faster and calls upon The Entity to block that Vault location for Survivors for 8/12/16 seconds
I’m All Ears – This perk is unique to Ghost Face
- Unlocks potential in your Aura-reading ability, sharpening your keen senses in the dark Realm of The Entity. Any Survivor performing a rushed action within 48 metres of your location will have their Aura revealed to you for 6 seconds. I’m All Ears can only be triggered once every couple of seconds.
Pop Goes the Weasel – This perk is unique to The Clown
- A deep bond with The Entity unlocks great strength. After hooking a Survivor, Pop Goes the Weasel activates for the next several seconds:
- The next Generator you damage instantly loses 25 % Progression.
- Regular Generator Regression applies afterwards and Pop Goes the Weasel deactivates.
That’s everything you need to know when creating the best Clown build in Dead by Daylight. However, if you’re looking for more Dead By Daylight guides then follow the links below for more helpful tips, tricks and explainers.
Dead By Daylight Killers Tier List | Dead By Daylight Survivors Tier List | Dead By Daylight Codes | Shrine of Secrets Perks This Week | Best Dead By Daylight Survivor Perks | Dead By Daylight Rank Reset | How To Get Bloodpoints Fast | How To Get Bloody Clothes | DBD Split-Screen | Are Bots Coming To DBD | DBD Tome 11 | DBD Chapter 24 | DBD Chapter 25 | DBD Chapter 26 | DBD 6th Anniversary |
Killer Build Guides – The Artist | The Blight | The Cannibal | The Cenobite | The Clown | The Deathslinger | The Demogorgon | The Doctor | The Dredge | The Executioner | The Ghost Face | The Hag | The Hillbilly | The Huntress | The Legion | The Nemesis | The Nightmare | The Nurse | The Oni | The Onryō | The Pig | The Plague | The Shape | The Spirit | The Trapper | The Trickster | The Twins | The Wraith |