Call of Duty’s ’80s Action Heroes event has begun, with Rambo and Diehard content scattered throughout both Warzone and Black Ops Cold War. The event has added new game modes, missions, and challenges to both games, as well as a number of rewards to earn. Here’s what’s new in the ’80s Action Heroes event and how to unlock all of its rewards.
New Points of Interest and a Game Mode in Warzone
The ’80s Action Heroes update is bringing a few changes to Verdansk. Players can expect to see the following new locations around the map:
- The Nakatomi Plaza from the original Die Hard has been added to the map’s downtown region. It features five unique floors from the movie. The plaza has replaced the Broadcast Tower and the surrounding blocks.
- Survival Camps inspired by Rambo: First Blood Part II have taken the place of numerous campsites throughout the map. Players can find loadout items and dog tags at these new locations.
- The CIA Outpost is now nestled in one of the aircraft hangars in Verdansk’s northwest sector.
Power Grab is a new mode that sees 100 Operators duke it out with a smaller circle than normal, and with no Gulag for them to earn a second chance.The Nakatomi Plaza also features multiple optional missions that can be completed in both Battle Royale and Plunder for loot and profile rewards.
Recommended: STEALTH 600 & 700 GEN 2
The best-selling wireless headsets just got even better; the Stealth™ 600 & 700 Gen 2 feature massive upgrades to ensure that Turtle Beach gamers always have the definitive audio advantage.
New Maps and Game Modes in Cold War
Two new multiplayer maps are now available in Cold War:
- Standoff is a medium-sized, 6v6 map from Call of Duty: Black Ops II. It features a three-lane design and a certain exploding van that will be familiar to longtime players.
- Duga is a new map set in the Ural mountains and designed for multi-team modes. Players can utilize administrative offices, the bus depot, and a chemical processing plant for cover during firefights.
Three new game modes have also been added to Cold War:
- Die Hardpoint is a squad-based mode where teams fight over Hardpoints while racing to earn 200 points. The twist? Everyone has a 30-second timer before they explode each life. The only ways to extend the clock are by earning kills and playing the objective.
- Rambo’s Gun Game takes Season Two’s Gun Game and adds an action movie twist. Weapons from Rambo’s arsenal — including the new Combat Bow, War Machine, RPG-7, and Death Machine — have been added to the mode.
- Multi-Team Elimination is a squad vs. squad mode that pits 10 teams against one another while surviving ever-expanding radiation zones. Redeploys and loadouts are restricted, forcing teams to get resourceful to survive.
Call of Duty ’80s Action Hero Event Challenges and Guide
Players of both Warzone and Cold War can participate in a number of new event challenges. Rewards earned from one game will also transfer to the other, with the exception of the Robot Tank Arcade Game which is available only in Cold War. The ’80s-themed challenges are slightly different for each game.
Warzone features the following rewards and challenges:
- Comic Savior Epic Calling Card — Be the first member of your squad to get a kill
- Bomb! Legendary Charm — Get 15 kills with explosive weapons or lethal equipment
- Cosmic Traveler Epic Emblem — Collect 50 Dog Tags in Power Grab
- Proper Grip Rare Sticker — Reach the final circle of Power Grab 5 times
- Player One Epic Calling Card — Eliminate 25 enemy agents during the Arms Deal Public event
- Blaaarrghhh Rare Emblem — Survive a multiplayer to the ground from the top of Nakatomi Tower
- Payphone Legendary Charm — Complete any one of the three side missions available at Nakatomi Tower
- Action Packed Rare Calling Card — Collect three Rambo POW Dog Tags
- Chaotic Rare Sticker — Get 3 kills with the Combat Bow killstreak
Cold War’s challenges are along similar lines, but tailored for multiplayer and zombie game modes. It features the following rewards and challenges:
- Glamour Shot Rare Calling Card — Complete 7 matches in multiplayer or Zombies ’80s Action Heroes playlists
- Robot Tank Epic Arcade Game — In an ’80s Action Heroes playlist, win multiplayer matches or survive until Round 15 in Zombies a total of 3 times
- Apex Gator Watch Epic Accessory — In an ’80s Action Heroes playlist, get a total of 100 eliminations in multiplayer or Slaughter Medals in Zombies
- Shoulder Fire Rare Sticker — In multiplayer or Zombies, earn 25 Have a Blast Medals by getting kills with explosives
- Blasting Heat Epic Calling Card — In multiplayer or Zombies, earn 25 Become War Medals using automatic weapons
- Summer Palm Epic Charm — In multiplayer or Zombies, earn 25 Light Em Up Medals while using the Death Machine
- Head Hero Rare Sticker — In multiplayer or Zombies, earn 25 This is Personal Medals while using Melee Weapons
- Purple Fury Rare Emblem — Get 3 kills without dying in multiplayer earn Jackrabbit Medals in Zombies a total of 10 times
- Steve Epic Charm — In multiplayer or Zombies, earn 10 Chopped Up Medals while using the Tomahawk
Completing all of Warzone‘s challenges will earn you the Ignition Epic blueprint for the Pelington 703 sniper rifle, as well as 2,500 experience. Finishing all of Cold War’s challenges unlocks the Flamebearer blueprint for the DMR 14. Doing so across both games will net you 20 unique rewards like blueprints and calling cards.
Read More: Best In Class – Outriders Class Guide
Outriders is here, and you have some choices to make. 4 classes and a whole lot of variability within each. While there are big differences between the gameplay style of each of the four classes, your progression in each work around the same model.
Nicolas Perez is a journalist who has played way too much Civilization 5. He’s rambling on Twitter @Nic_Perez_.