You’ve probably run most Nightfall Strikes in Destiny 2, and by now you’ve probably got most of the 24 strikes memorised from start to finish.
But that’s why Destiny added higher difficulties, so you can increase the challenge and the chances of you earning some high-level loot.
The thing is, whilst most strikes are pretty straightforward, trying to earn over 100,000 points can be a difficult process. It’s not so much the earning of the points, but the finishing the Nightfall strike in good time to ensure you finish before you completely evaporate those points you’ve accumulated.
If you’re trying to score yourself some pinnacle gear and struggling to score 100k in a Destiny 2 Nightfall, read on.
Nightfall Strike Scoring Explained
With the release of Destiny 2: Shadowkeep Bungie added a new Nightfall: The Ordeal playlist and below are the most important information you need to know when participating:
- There is 1 Nightfall: The Ordeal strike available per week
- Players have five difficulty tiers to choose from: Adept, Hero, Legend, Master, Grandmaster
- Each tier of difficulty has different modifiers
- Matchmaking only available for Adept and Hero tiers
- Champions spawn at Hero difficulty and above
- Scoring is team-based and the sum of individual performances
- Scoring is primarily driven by kills and secondarily by orb generation
- Score bleeds over time
- Scoring cuts off after time thresholds based upon the select difficulty tier
What do you get for a 100k nightfall score
Players who can achieve a 100k Nightfall score will earn a pinnacle reward drop.
For those who don’t know, Pinnacle Rewards drop from endgame content in Destiny 2 and can be especially helpful for increasing your Guardian’s power level, since the gear that drops is always higher than your currently equipped gear.
In short, Pinnacle Rewards are a fantastic way to will boost your power level, but are not always easy to come by.
How to Score 100k Points in Nightfall
There’s no magic method to scoring 100k points in Nightfall strikes, but there are some pretty obvious tips on how you can help improve your score. We’ve created a quickfire list to help you:
- Scoring 100k on Hero tier is possible, but very difficult on certain Nightfall Strikes
- Try to play on Legends of Master difficulty for more points
- Prepare your loadout appropriately with your fireteam beforehand.
- Spread elemental types across the fireteam to improve your ability to lower enemy shields (especially with the Match Game modifier active).
- Make sure you tailor your mods to help defeat champions quickly and efficiently.
- Kill EVERYTHING, leave no enemy alive. Each kill could be the difference on your final score.
- Move quickly, you’ve only 20 minutes before your score starts to drop.
100k Nightfall Strikes Video Guides
As we mentioned before there are quite a few Nightfall strikes in Destiny 2 and some of these are easier and harder to achieve that elusive 100k score.
We would suggest that anyone serious about hitting this score potentially takes a look at some of the videos by Destiny 2 YouTuber Esoterickk. The content creator has made loads of videos, like the one above, which shows how he achieved a score of over 100k from start to finish and including his loadout.
That’s everything you need to know about scoring 100,000 points in the Destiny 2 Nightfall. However, if you’re looking for more Destiny 2 guides then follow the links below for more helpful tips, tricks and explainers.
Destiny 2 Weekly Reset | Destiny 2 Weekly Challenges | Destiny 2 Xur Location This Week | Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris Map & Rewards This Week | Destiny 2 Legendary Shards Glitch | Everything We Know About Destiny 2: Lightfall